The Metaverse now contains Afterpay. In order to deliver a special physical aspect to New York Fashion Week, the purchase now, pay later service teamed up with five outstanding designers. A small quantity of designer NFTs made especially for New York Fashion Week will be made available by Afterpay in collaboration with designers ALTU, AnOnlyChild, Jonathan Simkhai, Kim Shui, and The Blonds. Not only will these be unique collectibles, but they’ll also grant access to actual Fashion Week events and merchandise.
Let’s look at The Keys, Afterpay’s first NFT, and how to obtain one. You can also check out new upcoming NFT projects by following our NFT calendar.
New York Fashion Week’s “The Keys”
Each designer has developed a “key” to their personal aesthetic utilising influence from their Spring/Summer ’23 collections. You can get a lovely NFT and access to exclusive Fashion Week events and goods by purchasing a “key.” You can purchase exclusive digital works produced by some of the top designers thanks to these New York Fashion Week NFTs. The “key” also gives users access to remarkable services or goods. What each “key” unlocks is as follows:
- You can choose between an annual membership for one of New York City’s most prestigious art museums and an ALTU by Joseph Altuzarra limited edition tote and oversized t-shirt.
- AnOnlyChild offers a special edition belt bag or an invitation to the NYFW after party.
- Jonathan Simkhai offers exclusive meet-and-greet shopping opportunities as well as original, hand-signed runway sketches from his upcoming collection, which makes its premiere on September 13.
- Kim Shui: A specially created hoodie with her recognisable dragon theme or a ticket to her September 12 runway show.
- The Blonds: Get a special invitation to the after-party for the band’s New York Fashion Week show, or get a signed copy of their upcoming book, “The Blonds: Glamour, Fashion, Fantasy.”
Using your very personal “keys,” access New York Fashion Week
You can buy one of these NFTs for $100 because Afterpay has fought to make them affordable. You lack the cash up front. Do not fret! On Keys.NYFW.com, you can divide the transaction into four interest-free instalments in classic Afterpay fashion. You can support Free Arts NYC by minting one of these New York Fashion Week NFTs. The organisation that offers art mentoring to young people in New York City will get all the earnings from the “Keys to NYFW” series.
There are a few NFTs made available for free as another step towards accessibility. The “Afterpay Key,” created by 3D artist Amy Kilner, is this free offering. Owning this “key” entitles you to a complimentary six-month Tidal HiFi Plus trial, membership in an Instagram community for NYFW close pals, and access to NYFW: The Talks sessions.
Receive your unique access code for New York Fashion Week
The first-ever NFTs from Afterpay are scarce; minting started on August 23. On the “Keys to NYFW” website, you can obtain your “key” and select your “physical” utility when it has been issued. Afterpay’s free NFTs as well as the NFT “keys” will both be stored on the Polygon network, one of the most environmentally friendly blockchains. It’s not surprising that such designer NFTs and events are in high demand, so act quickly to secure a front-row seat.